This is a little early for a currently post, but with the month basically over and the start of the new year is what’s next, I figured it was a good time to recap this month. So let’s take a look back at December!
For my brain, December really started on the 6th. Because PAX Unplugged took place over the first few days it felt like it happened in November. Plus December 6th is a holiday, St. Nicholas Day, so it’s the kick off of the Christmas season for myself and my family.
We had a holiday card swap in Geek Blogs Unite and it was nice to get holiday cards in the mail to brighten my day!
And, of course, there was Christmas. It was a very relaxing day with my parents and brother. Our family tradition is playing board games so we did that and had a nice dinner and enjoyed the day together. I also got some nice, geeky gifts like a color changing Ravenclaw mug, a Mulan ornament handmade by my brother, and a Ravenclaw fleece duvet cover. And some other nice non-geeky gifts like a weighted blanket, clothes, and a scratch-off map of the USA to track all the states I have been to.
- 12 Days of Gaming, which I made a separate round-up post about.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on Switch
- Armello on Switch and PC
- Carcassonne on Switch
- Uno on Switch
- A Bunch of Switch Demos to try out new games, highlights being Swim and Uno.
- Ticket to Ride, Go Nuts for Donuts, and Ticket to Ride: Europe on Christmas
- I bought quite a few games since I have the Switch now I wanted to get games on that. Some of the games include Wandersong, The Sexy Brutale, and Armello on Switch.
- So Steam Winter Sale happened. I had some credit in my Steam Wallet and I ended up buying the Eerie Indie Bundle, which included 6 games including Cultist Simulator, Oxenfree, and Speed Dating for Ghosts.
What’s Up Next Month
Wait! Before I get to next month, the end of this month I am traveling for a New Year’s trip to visit friends in Connecticut. In fact when this post goes up is the day I leave, so that’s a big highlight for me that partially happens in January.
Now for actually in January, I am excited to stay home if possible. I’ve done a lot of travel in 2018, and I want to put my roots in the soil for a bit. This also means time to blog, time to play games, and do school work without the added stress of traveling.
And The Thanks Go To…
Huge thanks to my patrons Normal Happenings and Nerd Side of Life for supporting my blog!
You too can get a shout-out in my update posts by becoming a patron! Just $1 gets you this shout out plus a bunch of other perks.
What have you enjoyed about this month? Let me know with a comment below.