The 30 Day Geek Out Challenge has come to an end. And for this post, I am sharing my thoughts on taking on a blog challenge for the first and if I’ll ever do it again.
What I Loved
It was really fun to tap into some topics I don’t really talk about on the blog. I’ve just barely started getting into anime, so sharing that finally via the challenge was fun. My ultimate favorite part though was overall how broad this particular challenge was since it was just about anything and everything geeky. That is the whole reason I decided to do it in the first place.
What I Learned
Writing every day for 30 days starts to get exhausting. Since I was doing this alongside the daily question releases, I was writing each one the day of. In general, I prefer to schedule posts in advance so then I will write multiple posts in a day and take a break from writing for a bit. So the challenge of this challenge for me was the daily side of it. If anything, this challenge affirmed how much I like scheduling posts in advance.
Would I Do It Again?
Solid maybe. It would really depend on the overall theme of the challenge. Length of it would also be a factor, but mostly the theme. Because if the theme is a little too specific to me, it would be maybe too much of a challenge.
Here are all of my posts for the challenge in order:
- Day 1- My First Fandom
- Day 2 – My Most Recent Fandom
- Day 3 – Favorite Convention Experience
- Day 4- Worst Convention Experience
- Day 5 – Geekiest Thing You’ve Ever Done
- Day 6 – Real-Life Geek Inspiration
- Day 7 – An Unexpected Fandom
- Day 8 – Geeky Hobbies
- Day 9 – Favorite Anime
- Day 10 – Favorite Movie
- Day 11 – Favorite Comic
- Day 12 – Favorite Video Game
- Day 13 – Favorite Book Series
- Day 14 – Choose a Superpower
- Day 15 – Hogwarts House
- Day 16 – Dream Crossover
- Day 17 – Favorite Video Game Soundtrack
- Day 18 – Meeting Fictional Characters
- Day 19 – Underrated Series
- Day 20 – Recommended Series
- Day 21 – How Being A Geek Has Influenced My Life
- Day 22 – Favorite Fandom Quote
- Day 23 – Love for the Geek Community
- Day 24 – Changing the Geek Community
- Day 25 – Favorite Geeky YouTuber
- Day 26 – Favorite Disney Movie
- Day 27 – Favorite Superhero
- Day 28 – Favorite Movie Soundtrack
- Day 29 – My Character Outfit
- Day 30 – My Most Obsessed Over Fandom
Would you try a 30-day blogging challenge? Let me know with a comment below!