A Geek Girl’s Guide © 2022. All Rights Reserved. Do not use or reproduce content without permission. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Michelle Stallings and A Geek Girl’s Guide with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. A Geek Girl’s Guide claims no credit for any images featured on this site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to it’s respective owners. A Geek Girl’s Guide is in no way responsible for, or has control of, the content of any external website links or embedded streaming videos. Information on this site may contain errors or inaccuracies. If you own rights to any of the content and wish to have it removed please contact us.
Your privacy is critically important to us.
Like most website operators, A Geek Girl’s Guide collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. A Geek Girl’s Guide’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how A Geek Girl’s Guide’s visitors use its website. From time to time, A Geek Girl’s Guide may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
A Geek Girl’s Guide also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on https://ageekgirlsguide.com/ blog posts. A Geek Girl’s Guide only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to A Geek Girl’s Guide’s websites choose to interact with A Geek Girl’s Guide in ways that require A Geek Girl’s Guide to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that A Geek Girl’s Guide gathers depends on the nature of the interaction.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To External Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, products or services.
A Geek Girl’s Guide may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. A Geek Girl’s Guide may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, A Geek Girl’s Guide does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
This site uses affiliate links and does earn a commission from certain links. This does not affect your purchases or the price you may pay.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, A Geek Girl’s Guide uses “Cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
A Geek Girl’s Guide has the sole discretion of permitting the display of comments on the site. Any comments deemed unacceptable may be removed without notice. This includes, but is not limited to, spam, hate speech, unwarranted solicitations, and explicit comments.
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of A Geek Girl’s Guide’s Website.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use A Geek Girl’s Guide’s website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
Unless otherwise stated, A Geek Girl’s Guide owns the intellectual property rights for
all material on A Geek Girl’s Guide. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from https://ageekgirlsguide.com/ for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from https://ageekgirlsguide.com/
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from https://ageekgirlsguide.com/
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from https://ageekgirlsguide.com/
- Redistribute content from A Geek Girl’s Guide (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
- Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data (‘Comments’) in areas of the website. A Geek Girl’s Guide does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of A Geek Girl’s Guide, its agents or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws A Geek Girl’s Guide shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this
- A Geek Girl’s Guide reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy
- Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
- You hereby grant to A Geek Girl’s Guide a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
Hyperlinking to our content is permitted so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or
approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site. We will approve link requests if we determine that: (a) the link would not reflect unfavorably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organizations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link); (b)the organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us; (c) the benefit to us from
the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content
in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organization.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Web site as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the
context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of A Geek Girl’s Guide’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking without proper consent.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Web site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst we endeavor to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.