Megan from A Geeky Gal nominated me for this new tag that is based on the Vogue series of the same name. So since there are a bunch of questions, let’s just get into it!
- What’s your usual Starbucks drink?
I rarely get Starbucks cause I don’t like the taste of coffee, but when I do I like to get a Java Chip Frappucino.
- What does your work station look like?
I sit in a corner with one long cubicle wall and then the actual building walls. I have a Disney calendar and some quotes on my pinboard, Haunted mansion artwork on the wall next to that, and that is basically it. Since I am still pretty new to the job and having the desk space I still have some personalizing to do.
- All-time favorite food?
It is a tie between Steak and Chocolate
- Favorite author?
Not sure I have one. I do like JK Rowling, John Green, and Rupi Kaur to name a few.
- What do you think of open relationships?
Like Megan before me said, “It’s none of my business!”
- What’s your favorite video game?
- What’s your guilty pleasure treat?
Super buttery popcorn with M’n’Ms
- Your favorite movie?
- Favorite book?
The Harry Potter series.
- Best advice you’ve ever received?
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent”
Yes it is an Eleanor Roosevelt quote, and she alone is a great figure, but I had this said to me by my college mentor during my roughest times and it sticks with me.
- Twitter or Instagram?
Both for different reasons. I enjoy the interactions and most of the time the candidness of twitter. But I also enjoy the visuals of Instagram.
- Are you a desktop or a laptop person?
- What projects are you working on right now?
A Geek Girl’s Tees, Guide to Blogging, and future photography work with Master Mystery Productions
- What’s your favorite color?
- Did you get good grades in school?
Yes! College was definitely better than high school.
- Dream job?
I have no idea and I never really have. As long as I can create in some fashion I am happy.
- Played any sports?
Martial Arts way back in childhood. Also softball briefly and dance for many years.
- Do you have a degree?
Yes! I have a Bachelor’s in Digital Communications and Marketing and a Master’s in Mass Communication concentrating in Web Design and Online Communication.
- What’s your favorite type of blog post to write?
I think recommendations are the ones I enjoy the most
- What do you like to collect?
Enamel pins, especially Disney. And i have a small Funko Pop collection.
- Describe yourself in 3 words?
Loyal, hard-working, intelligent
- If you were a rapper, what would your rapper name be?
I have no idea. I’ll just go with Meech since that’s my nickname anyway.
- Who was the last person you DM’d?
One of my best friends, Amber.
- What’s on top of your wish list right now?
I want to spruce up my camera gear for shooting. Mainly accessories like a new bag and extra batteries.
- Sorting House?
- How many tattoos do you have?
- What are you most grateful for this year?
To be alive and still going
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
It is my favorite holiday season
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
The day going by quickly and getting to organize my life some.
- What’s the best thing ever?
- Favorite season?
- Favorite holiday?
- What fictional character do you relate to the most?
This is a hard one for me. I feel like I am more of an amalgamation of many characters. Mulan, Gris, Mae, Lara Croft are just a few to name.
- Do you like surprises?
Nope. I like to plan surprises for others, but I do not like to be surprised.
- What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
Since I don’t enjoy surprises I can’t think of one cause I probably blocked it out.
- What’s the surprise that made you cry?
I think it was my 21st birthday and my mom gave me a letter and that letter definitely made me cry.
- What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given someone?
I surprised one of my dearest friends at her high school graduation (she is 2 years younger than I am) after convincing her I was not going to make it.
- Do you like muffins?
- Do you cook often?
Nope! I wouldn’t mind it but I prefer baking to cooking.
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- Is there a dessert you dislike?
Anything with cinnamon as a feature ingredient. I hate cinnamon.
- Cake or pie?
- What’s your least favorite food?
Cinnamon is what comes to mind thanks to 42.
- What’s your favorite condiment?
- It’s 4am on a Saturday night, what would you eat?
Whatever is easy to grab like cookies
- If you could teach a college class, what would it be called?
I feel like I could teach quite a few college classes and not sure if I could pick just one. A fun one to me though would be a Photography 101 type of course.
- Best animated film?
That is too hard to answer. My favorite is Mulan but whether that is the best animated film ever is questionable.
- What has a guy done or said to impress you?
I find this question a little weird honestly. I’m going to alter it to something I get complimented with a lot which is always my eyes. Regardless of gender or if it is flirting, my eyes get compliments often.
- The best thing to do on a first date?
Anything that makes it easy to have a conversation like getting coffee or a meal.
- The worst thing to do on a first date?
Movies are not great cause you can’t talk at all.
- What’s the funniest pick-up line someone can use on someone they are interested in?
I’m not really a fan of pickup lines so I have no idea. Also funny does not equate to good.
- Best comic book character?
I don’t know a lot about comics honestly so I don’t know.
- What are three things that are always in your purse?
Chapstick, ibuprofen, nail clippers
- Favorite drink?
Dr. Pepper (but not the birthday cake flavor. It’s way too sweet)
- If you could play a historical figure in a movie who would it be?
I have no idea.
- Kittens or puppies?
Both! Although I am more partial to the kittens.
- Tell me your favorite sushi roll?
I don’t eat sushi.
- What kind of lipstick do you use?
- What kind of foundation do you use?
- Blow dry or air dry?
- Who is your fashion icon?
I don’t really have one.
- Favorite Disney Character?
- What are you doing tomorrow?
Based on when this goes up, tomorrow is Christmas Eve. And I will be at work.
- A movie you laughed the hardest through?
Clue and Deadpool
- A movie that made you cry?
Inside Out, Tangled, Goblet of Fire, the list goes on and on.
- If you could sing a duet with someone, who would it be?
I don’t know. Maybe Lauv or Sam Smith.
- If your life was a song, what would the title be?
“To Hell and Back” (ala Maren Morris)
- What’s your favorite animal?
View this post on Instagram
Hey, everyone! I am so excited to say that I had the privilege of illustrating a tabletop game for @Mattel. It's called Spirits of the Wild, and it's finally available online and in stores! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ All of my work done for the game can be seen on my @Behance: https://www.behance.net/gallery/68802553/Spirits-of-the-Wild-Tabletop-Game-for-Mattel ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Thank you so much to AD @inkxel and Mattel for the opportunity! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #illustration #gamedesign #tabletopgame #tabletopgaming #illustratorsoninstagram #freelanceillustrator
- Favorite illustrator?
- A person you want to have coffee with?
Lin Manuel Miranda
- What country do you wish to visit?
- Best way to decompress?
Chilling in bed watching YouTube.
While I don’t usually actually tag people in these things, I will this time. So I am nominating: