I’ve decided to take a mini break from the geeky writing and do The Blogger Tag! I saw Princessdeia do this and decided to do it too.
How long have you’ve been blogging and why did you start?
A Geek Girl’s Guide celebrates 4 years this year. Overall though I’ve been blogging since 2014 and I started it as a work challenge to do something every day for 30 days so I chose writing.
Is this current blog your first blog?
Nope! My first blog was a blog called Look Through My Lens where I wrote about college, mental health, creativity, music, and a bunch of other random topics as I felt like writing. There may be a chance that I will revive it in the future though.
What would you categorize your blog as?
Geeky lifestyle I guess. It’s so hard to niche geeky blogs unless you really lean into the food and DIY side of them.
Is it still the same kind of blog as when you first started?
For the most part, yeah. There are some styles of posts I don’t do as frequently as I used to. But the geekiness has not changed. In fact, I think I got geekier. And I focus way more on the geeky things I enjoy versus anything and everything geeky.
Top 3 things about being a blogger!
- Getting to write, which is something I really enjoy
- Getting to interact with other bloggers
- Getting to work with things that I am good at (social media, websites, graphic design, etc.)
What is your favorite kind of post to write?
What is the hardest post you have ever written and published?
I’m not sure this was hard necessarily, but my Ilvermorny Sorting Guide took a lot of research and time to write. But it was super fun and different for me and is also one of my most successful posts ever.
Want to do this tag? Here are the questions!
- How long have you’ve been blogging and why did you start?
- Is this current blog your first blog?
- What would you categorize your blog as?
- Is it still the same kind of blog as when you first started?
- Top 3 things about being a blogger!
- What is your favorite kind of post to write?
- What is the hardest post you have ever written and published?
Want to start a blogger? Or improve your current one? Check out my series Guide to Blogging where I cover all sorts of topics, from getting started to advertising, SEO to social media, and beyond.